Welcome to the website of writer Karina Borowicz. Here you can follow links to works online, interviews and reviews, check out her poetry blog, read her CV and get to know her, find out more about her books, or send her an email.
• Join Karina and other featured guests for an online hour-long Culinary + Culture Salon (click here for more info and video link). This Eastern European-flavored salon series from Yiddishkayt brings together writers, musicians, and food experts to explore how literature, music, and cuisine connect us to our histories and to each other (Originally aired on April 11, 2021).
• New translation release: A bilingual French-English volume of Karina Borowicz’s new and selected works, Tomates de septembre, featuring Juliette Mouïren’s beautiful translations into French, has been published by Cheyne in November 2020.
• “The Old Country” was featured on American Public Media’s podcast, The Slowdown. Audio of the show can be accessed at this link.
• Peter Sobol reads “Medicine” on Wisconsin Public Radio’s To the Best of our Knowledge.
• Rosetta has been named a finalist for the Hollis Summers Poetry Prize, the Red Mountain Prize for Poetry, and the Blue Lynx Prize, as well as a semi-finalist for the Philip Levine Prize for Poetry.
• “September Tomatoes” has been featured as the Poetry Foundation’s Poem of the Day.
• “In Its Body” appears on Verse Daily.
• Mass Poetry has published an interview entitled “Getting to Know Karina Borowicz.”
• Mass Poetry’s Poem of the Moment is “Window Watching at Midnight.”
• Garrison Keillor reads “Reading Anna Karenina” on the NPR radio show The Writer’s Almanac.
• The poem “September Tomatoes” has appeared on Ted Kooser’s American Life in Poetry.
• A poem from Proof, “Wild Eye,” has appeared on Verse Daily.
• “Reading Anna Karenina,” from Proof, has appeared on Poetry Daily.